Wednesday, May 30, 2012
Want a Career? Start Here.
Supervisor of Member Education
Salary Range: $3,476-$3,542/month
Missouri Consolidated Health Care Plan (MCHCP) is seeking to hire a Supervisor of Member Education to perform professional and supervisory work overseeing the Communication Assistants and Communication Specialists who communicate with members of MCHCP. Please submit your application, cover letter, resume, salary requirements, salary history and at least three references in confidence to the Human Resources Manager, MCHCP, P.O. Box 104355, Jefferson City, MO 65110 or via email to HR@mchcp.org. Our employment application may be found on our website under the careers page. Resumes will be accepted through close of business Friday, June 1, 2012.
Essential Job Functions and General Responsibilities
Under the immediate supervision of the Manager of Customer Support, the Supervisor of Member Education will coordinate the work flow of the Communication Assistants and the Communication Specialists and monitor member presentations, territory assignments and travel schedules; ensure adequate training of assigned staff; coordinate and interpret plan information and explain the same to staff and the membership of the health care plan in group settings, which includes current state employees and retirees, public entity employees and retirees and their dependents; work with the Manager of Customer Support and the Communication and Publication Manager on the benefit information provided in printed material, on the website and in presentations; work closely with the Manger of Customer Support to stay abreast of information being provided in group meetings; establish and maintain communication efforts of affiliated or cooperative organizations such as ARMSE and MOSERS; oversee and conduct group presentations to state and public entity employee groups as large as 250 people on plan design and benefit; and perform other duties as needed or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Extensive knowledge of managed care concepts; and the ability to quickly learn MCHCP plan benefits, as well as plans available for public entity enrollees.
· Requires innovative thought and the willingness to be forward-thinking.
· Requires the ability to effectively communicate benefit plan designs to members of MCHCP and public entity enrollees; the ability to professionally conduct group presentations under sometimes stressful situations; prefer knowledge of and/or experience with e-communication efforts and multi-media outlets.
· Ability to prepare and edit informational material for presentations; and the ability to prepare and present information in a clear and concise manner.
· Ability to make independent decisions in accordance with established policies and procedures; and the ability to prioritize, organize and perform work independently and under pressure.
· Extensive knowledge of the general principles of supervision and the ability to plan, organize and assign work activities for employees.
· Ability to quickly learn details of the new medical plan design and be able to clearly communicate that information to members of MCHCP.
· Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
· Excellent customer service skills both in person, face to face and over the phone.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of all MCHCP information and records in accordance with HIPAA and other applicable laws and regulations.
· Ability to serve as a productive team member and the ability to demonstrate a professional and positive attitude while establishing and maintaining excellent working relationships with MCHCP management, staff and members, human resource and payroll representatives, vendors and the general public.
· Bachelor's degree in Business, Communications or Public Administration with specialization in insurance, benefits administration or closely related area is required; plus one (1) year of experience in public speaking, dissemination of information, communication, benefits administration or closely related field is required.
· Knowledge of the current state medical plan is preferred, or must have applicable experience in the administration of medical benefits programs.
· Extensive work experience or education in communications and public speaking is preferred.
· Extensive knowledge of the general principles of supervision is required; and the ability to plan and organize daily work flow activities for staff is strongly preferred.
· Ability and willingness to travel independently and extensively throughout the state during peak times (such as open enrollment in October), with occasional overnight stay is required.
· Must obtain a broker's license for health/accident insurance from the Department of Insurance within six (6) months of employment with MCHCP.
· Must be highly computer literate including extensive knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Physical ability and stamina to sit or stand for extended periods of time; ability to regularly lift and transport boxes of plan materials and equipment used in group presentations; ability to bend and lift items (weighing up to 50 lbs.) without assistance, to place in and remove from a car trunk; and must be able to drive a state vehicle alone in-state in all types of weather conditions.
· Excellent work history and attendance record required.
Missouri Consolidated Health Care Plan is an equal opportunity employer: M/F/D/V
2012-03 -- 05/25/2012
MCHCP employees enjoy the same benefits as other State of Missouri employees. These benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, basic and optional life insurance, annual and sick leave accruals, paid holidays, deferred compensation, cafeteria plan and retirement plan. Contact the MCHCP Human Resources Manager atHR@mchcp.org for more information related to this job vacancy announcement, recruitment, benefits, etc.