High School Summer Camp
Dates & Location
- Week 1: July 14-19, 2013
- Week 2: July 21-26, 2013
Cost & Registration
- Program fee is $500 *paid upon acceptance to the program
- The program is free to qualified Diversity Scholars
- Camp registration will be on Sunday from 2 p.m. and 5 p.m. (the first day of camp).
- Parents and visitors will be welcome to take campus tours during registration.
- Hands-on lab experiments
- Team design projects and competitions
- Campus life and new friends
- Industry tours
- Opportunities to earn Mizzou Engineering scholarships
- Engineering Departments:
- 8:00 AM-5:00 PM
- Hands-on activities in engineering departments and laboratories
- Industry Tours
- Design projects
- Other fun campus activities
Conclusion of Camp
- Friday morning we invite parents to come watch our competition testing along with the awards ceremony.
- Camp will conclude on Friday at 12 pm
- Students will be picked up at the residence hall (dorm) by 1:00 pm
Eligibility & Application Process
- You must be entering 10th, 11th or 12th grade for the upcoming school year in order to apply.
- You should have completed
- 1 or more laboratory science courses, and
- at least 2 units of high school mathematics.
- After completing the online form, please send:
- a copy of your unofficial or official school transcript along with your registration form.
- a recommendation letter from your guidance counselor or a teacher.
- If you are seeking a Diversity Scholarship, a 1 page (typed, double spaced) essay expressing your interest in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math, and why you want to participate in Summer Camp.
- Acceptance will be based on transcripts and your recommendation letter.
- Applicants will be notified by mail about acceptance.
- Upon notification of acceptance the student will need to send additional documents and $500 registration fee.
For Diversity Scholars
- Must be a member of an underrepresented minority group: Hispanic-American, American Indian/Native Alaskan or African-American.
- The above Eligibility requirements apply.
- Receipt of a Diversity Scholarship will be based on transcripts, your essay, your recommendation letter and the total number of scholarship applicants.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified by mail about receiving a Diversity Scholarship.
- Upon students acceptance of the Diversity Scholarship the scholar will still be required to send additional documents; a waiver of the $500 registration fee will be processed after acceptance is confirmed.